About the Plan
The College of Law is committed to providing an excellent, affordable and distinctive legal education to a diverse student body; promoting legal scholarship and service that enriches the legal profession and communities we serve; and to capitalize on the unique environment in which we are located.
We will maintain a curriculum that is student-centered, fuses theory and practice and richly prepares our graduates to be thoughtful ethical analytical problem-solvers capable of success in any environment. Our specific vision is to complete the following:
- BE A PREEMINENT urban law school that is accessible to students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- EMBRACE THE CHANGES taking place in legal education and the profession in a thoughtful and proactive way that is consistently mindful of our mission and commitment to our diverse student body.
- MAINTAIN CURRICULUM that is student-centered, fuses theory and practice and richly prepares our graduates to be thoughtful, ethical and analytical problem-solvers capable of success in any environment.
- EMPLOY THE CONSIDERABLE TALENTS of our faculty to produce rigorous, innovative and meaningful scholarship that engages in and addresses key legal and policy issues facing our city, state, nation and world.
- PROVIDE LEADERSHIP to our community by creating an inviting environment where students, faculty, staff, alumni, members of the profession and the public can interact with, learn about and debate issues of critical importance.
- BUILD UPON OUR STRONG RELATIONSHIP with units throughout the university and collectively work to advance high quality teaching, scholarship and community engagement.